We are open - safety is our top priority!
All About Fillings
If you have a cavity, we may recommend a tooth filling. What is a filling? It’s a special substance we put into your tooth to fill a cavity. Dental fillings restore the shape of your tooth and keep it strong enough to do its job. Fillings also keep the decay in your tooth from continuing to spread.
What Are Dental Crowns and Bridges?
Dental crowns and bridges are used when your teeth need more repair than just a tooth filling. Crowns are dental caps that go over your tooth to seal and strengthen it. They come in a variety of materials and colors. If you’re missing a tooth, our professional dentists may recommend a bridge. A bridge is a realistic-looking tooth that fills in the gap between two teeth. Like crowns, bridges can be made from different materials.
Dentists Who Provide Tooth Fillings, Crowns, and Bridges
If you need a filling, crown, or bridge, you don’t need to visit a special dentist. Our dentists provide a full array of dental restoration services to keep your smile looking its best. Contact us today to set up a consultation.
How Much Does a Filling, Dental Bridge, or Tooth Crown Cost?
Fillings, crowns and bridges are custom-made to fit your mouth. They’re designed to last for years and restore your dental health. Because fillings, crowns, and bridges can be made from different materials and fit different needs, their costs vary. We’ll work with you to find a solution that fits your needs. We can also work with dental insurance to lower your tooth filling cost. You’ll always be fully informed and given a dental crown cost estimate before we begin treatment.
Different Types of Tooth Fillings
Fillings aren’t all the same. We offer several different options for fillings:
- Composite fillings are made from a special resin. They match the color of your teeth, so we often recommend them for fillings on your front teeth.
- Amalgam fillings are made from a mixture of metals. They’re silver in color, so they’re more noticeable, but they’re also very strong. We might recommend these for fillings in your back teeth.
- Gold fillings are made from a gold alloy. They’re very strong and long-lasting, but also are very expensive.
- Ceramic fillings are technically a tooth covering made from ceramic. They’re tooth colored and very natural looking. However, they can also be expensive.
If you need a filling, our skilled dentists will work with you to find the type that works best for you.
What Are the Different Types of Crowns?
Crowns for teeth also come in different types and can be made from several kinds of materials.
- All-ceramic crowns are porcelain based and match the color of your tooth to look very natural.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are also the same color as your teeth, but they’re stronger due to the metal layer underneath.
- Gold alloy crowns are resistant to wear and long lasting. They’re also very well tolerated by gum tissue, but are more expensive than other options.
- Base metal alloy crowns are silver in color. They’re very strong, which makes them good for molars, the chewing teeth.
Different Types of Bridges
We offer several different types of bridges to restore your smile. A traditional bridge spans the gap between two permanent teeth. We attach the bridge to the teeth on either side. If you only have a permanent tooth on one side of your gap, a cantilever bridge is an option. No matter what you need, we can make your smile look great again and help you keep your remaining teeth.
What Happens During a Tooth Crown Procedure?
Getting a crown on your tooth requires several visits to our office. We’ll first measure and prepare your tooth. We’ll also take a mold of the tooth to make sure the crown is the correct size and shape. Crowns are manufactured in a lab, which takes a few weeks. In the meantime, we’ll install a temporary crown. When your permanent crown is ready, you’ll come back to our office so we can attach it to your tooth permanently.
Understanding a Tooth Bridge Procedure
If you need a tooth bridge, we’ll schedule multiple office visits for you. On your first visit, we’ll measure your mouth, make a mold of your teeth, and may also prepare your surrounding teeth. We’ll also provide you with a temporary bridge. Dental bridges are custom made to fit your teeth. Once the permanent bridge is ready, you’ll visit our office again to get it installed and aligned. If you’re missing teeth, we can help. Don’t let concerns about the dental bridge cost stop you. Contact our office today for a consultation.