We are open - safety is our top priority!
Selecting the Right Children’s Dentist in Detroit
If you are looking for a children’s dentist in Detroit, you may be asking friends and family members, “Where can I find a caring children’s dentist near me?” Our practice offers dentistry for children of all ages, which will ensure that you receive the right dental care for your child. We will work with you to provide the kids’ dental care services necessary to promote the healthiest teeth and gums for the youngest members of your family. Call us today to schedule an appointment with our team of pediatric dental experts.
How Is Children’s Dentistry Different from Adult Dentistry?
Along with a general degree in dentistry, a children’s dentist has also undergone specialized training of at least two years, specifically in the study of pediatric dentistry. This ensures that your child’s dentist will have the skills and expertise to deliver the most caring and careful treatment for your little ones. We will help you determine the right solutions for your baby, toddler or school-aged child and offer the most appropriate treatments for his or her needs.
Planning Your Child’s First Visit
Most pediatric dentistry authorities, including the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, recommend that your child’s first visit to a children’s dentist be scheduled as soon as the first tooth emerges. This will ensure that any problems are spotted early, which will allow our team to intervene and to provide the best solutions for misaligned teeth, problems with jaw alignment or issues with gum development. We will determine the right treatment for your child’s needs.
What to Expect During a Trip to the Children’s Dentist
During your child’s visit to our office, we will perform a thorough exam that includes looking at your child’s teeth and gums to check for any problems. If necessary, we may request bitewing X-rays that will provide our dentists with information about the condition of your child’s teeth and will help us spot any hidden cavities or issues with jaw development. If these issues are found early, they can usually be corrected to help your child achieve a healthy bite and straighter teeth in the future.
All About Caring for Baby Teeth
Our team offers the most practical options for dentistry for kids, including recommendations for caring for your baby’s teeth between visits. Some of our most important recommendations are:
- Brush your child’s teeth every day, even if there is only one tooth. This will help your child learn good oral hygiene habits.
- As soon as your child has two teeth close together, it is time to floss between them to prevent bacterial buildup that could lead to tooth decay.
- If your child needs a bottle to fall asleep at naptime or at night, water is recommended because it will not add to the risk of tooth decay. Juice, milk, formula and sugary drinks should be avoided during these times.
What Services Are Available at Our Office?
By choosing a kids’ dentist at our dental practice, you will be able to access a wide range of services for your child:
- Our team offers fluoride applications that are painted onto your child’s teeth to prevent tooth decay and cavities. These applications provide proven benefits for younger children.
- We perform comprehensive examinations, including X-rays, to ensure that your child’s teeth, gums and jaw are as healthy as possible.
- If our dental team spots any problems, they can apply fillings, place pediatric crowns and perform baby root canal procedures to resolve these issues quickly and restore your child’s teeth to full function.
- We can measure your child’s mouth to create custom mouthguards for sports activities, which will provide excellent protection against injuries sustained during active play and sports activities.
- We deliver the most practical options for all your child’s dental care needs. This will provide you with much-needed peace of mind when dental emergencies arise.
What Do I Do When My Child Has a Toothache?
Toothaches in younger children can be caused by damage to teeth caused by an accident, tooth decay or large cavities. Other issues that can cause toothaches include abscesses and infections or gum disease. Calling our office right away is a good first step toward resolving these issues and ensuring fast pain relief for your child.
If you need a reliable and affordable pediatric dentist for your children, call us to schedule a consultation. Our highly skilled team is committed to providing you with the best pediatric dentistry in Detroit, at prices you can afford. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.