Ways To Treat and Defeat Halitosis
If your breath is persistently bad, dentists call this halitosis. Learn what you can do to freshen up your breath.
Bid Goodbye To Bad Breath
According to family dentistry experts, halitosis can be reversed by practicing healthy oral hygiene, avoiding dental decay, and reducing your risk of gum disease. Follow these simple tips to keep bad breath at bay:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, but preferably after every meal and snack.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months.
- Floss at least once a day to remove any food particles and plaque trapped between your teeth.
- Brush your tongue to eliminate any built-up bacteria.
- Avoid dry mouth by avoiding smoking while regularly drinking water. If you have chronic dry mouth, ask an affordable dentist about medication.
- Visit an affordable dentist for regular dental check-ups and cleanings.
More Help for Halitosis
If these general guidelines for good oral hygiene don’t improve your bad breath, a family dentist expert may advise one of these options:
- Try a special toothpaste to fight heavy oral bacteria build-up on teeth.
- Use an antibacterial mouth rinse to kill bacteria on your gums, tongue and throughout your mouth.
- Treat any dental decay or gum disease, because these problems lead to deep pockets in gums that hide odorous bacteria.
- Tell your family dentistry specialist about your medical conditions and medications to see if they’re contributing to the problem.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Detroit, call Gentle Dental of Michigan today at (855) 979-3393 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Detroit. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Michigan, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Michigan, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Michigan.