Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority.
We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
Simple, Affordable Ways to Help Your Kids with Cavity Prevention
No child should have to endure the dental drill because they didn’t floss and brush regularly. Flossing might be a bore, but simple dental care habits can make all the difference in determining the health of a young one’s teeth and gums. If you instill healthy habits early, your child can avoid expensive and traumatic dental procedures. To protect your child’s teeth, simply follow a good dental care routine and healthy eating habits.
Here are some great examples from family dentistry experts:
Your Child’s Dental Care Routine
- Ensure that your children brush their teeth at least twice a day and floss once a day. Flavored floss may encourage compliance.
- Find an affordable dentist in Detroit and make an appointment as soon as your child’s first tooth erupts.
- Talk to your dentist about applying dental sealants for cavity prevention.
Change Eating Habits that Damage Teeth
- Avoid serving frequent snacks between meals. Have your kids brush or rinse with water or mouthwash after eating snacks.
- Severely limit or avoid sugary and sticky snacks like fruit leathers, cookies, and candy.
- Teach your children that sharing food and drinks with others can spread oral bacteria.
- Limit your children’s consumption of acidic, sweet fruit juices, and eliminate soda.
- Encourage your kids to drink lots of water
Eating for Better Dental Health
- Pack lunch boxes with crisp, fresh fruits.
- Serve low-fat cheese as a snack.
- Include natural nut butters made from peanuts, almonds, and other nuts.
Professional Dental Care
Follow your family dentistry expert’s cavity prevention recommendations for scheduled visits and dental care and your child may never have to face the dental drill. But if a problem develops, visit a qualified, affordable dentist in Detroit immediately.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Detroit, call Gentle Dental of Michigan today at or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental of Michigan offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Detroit. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Detroit, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Michigan, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Michigan.