Traditional Michigan (MI) Medicaid plans not accepted
Don¹t Let Halitosis Silence Your Social Life
In family dentistry, halitosis—or chronic bad breath—is a common complaint. No one wants to offend loved ones or coworkers with bad breath, but the condition isn’t always easy to treat. In many cases, there’s an underlying cause for halitosis that requires lifestyle changes or even professional dental care. Fortunately, there’s usually a way to solve the problem.
Following are five of the most common causes of bad breath:
- Decaying teeth and dental infections can cause bad breath. Your dentist can recommend the best treatment to resolve underlying dental problems.
- Dry mouth causes bad breath when there isn’t enough saliva to remove food particles and oral bacteria. Use dental care products intended to treat dry mouth or see your dentist in Detroit.
- Cheese, garlic, onions, and other potent foods can cause temporary bad breath. While your body is still processing the foods, there is little you can do to stop the smell.
- Tobacco in any form, including cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, and snuff, inevitably causes halitosis.
- An undiscovered illness or infection or illness in your body can be a serious cause of bad breath. If your dentist doesn’t detect any oral problems, see your doctor to rule out possible medical reasons for your halitosis.
You can resolve many mild cases of bad breath by brushing twice a day and flossing daily. But, if your bad breath is due to an oral infection or a dental problem, it won’t go away without medical attention.
If you’re avoiding your check-up for financial reasons, or because you don’t have dental insurance, contact an affordable dentist and ask about payment options. Dentists can treat oral problems or prescribe an antimicrobial rinse to end your bad breath.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Detroit, call Gentle Dental of Michigan today at or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental of Michigan offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Detroit. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Detroit, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Michigan, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Michigan.