Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority.
We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
Dental Care Essentials – 6 Ways to Improve Your Brushing Routine
If you’re like most people, you’ve probably been brushing your teeth twice a day for decades, but are you really doing it right? Family dentistry experts routinely treat serious problems that could have easily been prevented with better dental care. Even if you locate an affordable dentist, the cost of potential endodontic treatments and tooth implants can add up quickly. The following six brushing tips will help you get the most benefits from your oral hygiene efforts and help reduce your dental care costs.
6 Essential Brushing Tips
- Be organized. Divide your mouth into four quarters and spend equal time thoroughly brushing each of the four areas.
- Time your brushing. Brush for at least two minutes every time you brush your teeth. If you rush, plaque will remain.
- Floss every day. Flossing reaches between your teeth where a toothbrush can’t reach.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Soft bristles at varying heights make it easier to clean between teeth and beneath gums. Hard-bristles can damage tooth enamel and gum tissue.
- Try an electric toothbrush. While manual brushing is effective, consider an electric toothbrush if you tend to rush. They require less effort and can clean better between teeth.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months. A worn-out brush with splayed bristles is much less effective.
Some dental care experts suggest brushing in a circular motion while others recommend an angled approach. Regardless of the brushing technique you use, the most important thing is good oral hygiene. If your family dentistry team is happy with your dental care, it’s best to continue with what’s working. If there’s a problem with your dental care routine, your dentist in Detroit will be happy to make recommendations.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Detroit, call Gentle Dental of Michigan today at or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental of Michigan offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Detroit. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Detroit, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Michigan, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Michigan.