Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority.
We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
Posted on: October 25, 2015
Age-Old Wisdom for Aging Teeth
No matter how good you look and feel as you age, you teeth can make you appear much older. Learn to protect your aging teeth and keep them at their best.
How to Save Your Smile
You want to look and feel good as you get older, so don’t let your aging teeth affect your appearance, health, and confidence. You must embrace healthy dental care, make smart lifestyle choices, and see your family dentist in Detroit regularly to keep your teeth from showing their age. Follow this expert advice:
- Brush your teeth gently at least twice a day.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to protect tooth enamel and gums.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Denture wearers should clean their dentures every day, remove while sleeping, and remove them for at least four hours each day.
- Stop smoking to avoid many dental and medical conditions.
- Visit your family dentist on a regular basis for dental check-ups, cleanings, and necessary treatments.
Dental Care for the Elderly
When you have a family member or friend who’s having difficulty with their dental care, consider asking to help them keep their aging teeth healthy. If your assistance is accepted, here’s how you can help:
- Leave reminders around their home to brush and floss every day.
- If you live with them, help them with their daily dental hygiene routine.
- Take them to their family dentist or one who specializes in treating the elderly or disabled for regular dental check-ups, cleanings, and treatments.
- If brushing and flossing are a challenge, talk to the dentist about ways to help them practice at-home dental care with ease.
- If they wear dentures, pay attention to their eating habits because a sudden change in their intake can signal denture problems.
- Make them want to take care of their teeth by being patient and supportive.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Detroit, call Gentle Dental of Michigan today at or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental of Michigan offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Detroit. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Detroit, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Michigan, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Michigan.