5 Fun Ways to Get Kids Flossing
Flossing can be a challenge with children, but it’s essential for their dental health. Regular flossing helps fight plaque, clean teeth, improve breath, and prevent major dental care problems. Fortunately, family dentistry experts in Detroit have come up with some fresh and fun ways to turn flossing into child’s play. And flossing is in the spotlight right now, with National Flossing Day coming up on November 29.
1. Track Their Success – Create a flossing chart and hang it on the bathroom wall. Add a colorful sticker to the chart each time your child flosses. Then offer an incentive for flossing many days in a row, such as staying up later or going to the movies.
2. Turn It Into Fun and Games – Make flossing fun by turning the dental care habit into a dance party or adventure story. Find a lively song and ask kids to floss to the beat. Or tell a thrilling tale about how floss fighters beat bad bacteria. With a little creativity, flossing can be lots of fun.
3. Get Tiny Tools – While adults get plain packs of floss, kids have much cooler choices with special flossing tools made just for them. The most popular are floss sticks, which come in bright colors and some even glow in the dark. They’re easy for kids to hold, but their small size means that more than one is usually needed to floss all of their tiny teeth.
4. Praise Their Performance – Kids respond to positive reinforcement, so make it a habit to praise their flossing. By giving your kiddos kudos for flossing, it makes them feel good about this new healthy habit and motivates them to floss forever.
5. Lead By Example – Children usually learn from their parents, so flossing on a regular basis encourages them to do the same. Turn flossing into a family event and let everyone have the healthy rewards.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Detroit, call Gentle Dental of Michigan today at (855) 979-3393 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Detroit. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Michigan, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Michigan, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Michigan.